Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Recipe and Review- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Happy Thanksgiving Jerks!

As we celebrate whatever we are thankful for (may it be family, health, wealth, or food!), I would like to share with you a few things in particular that I am thankful for:
  1. Pumpkin pie
  2. Cupcakes
  3. Cinnamon
  4. Cream cheese
  5. The above things combined into a heavenly cup of cake
  6. And finally, the recipe to achieve such a feat
Last month, there was a recipe on bakeitinacake.com that caught my eye. It combined pumpkin pie......with cupcakes. I had to know how this tasted, so I followed the recipe.....and all I can say is...my god, what hath we created?! Utter brilliance.

Now, I can say this recipe can be a little tricky since it is practically made from scratch and so uses a lot of ingredients. You will need a trusty mixer or blender (I used a Kitchenaid stand mixer), lots of bowls to hold all of the ingredients in, mini cupcake pans and regular sized cupcake pans.

Above: There are actually mini pumpkin pies being plopped into regular sized cupcake tins!

Follow the recipe exact and you can't go wrong. All of the time and effort will be worth it once you take one bite from the finished product.

The finished product. The cinnamon ganache cream cheese frosting really sets the flavors off!



Try it out for this Thanksgiving, you will not regret it!

No comments: