Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Local Restaurant Reviews and Cheap Food Recipes- More to Come

We are getting ready for quite a busy stretch here at Hungry Jerks. You should expect to read a lot more on simple food recipes for every day cooking at home. We will also be doing many more reviews on local restaurants, as well as your favorite chains.

I haven't been very active here, but that's going to change. I have a background in the restaurant industry, and when I was working I always experimented with my own meals. While I think I am pretty creative, my focus will be on simple preparation of home cooked foods.

I also know that a lot of people are struggling financially and a lot of people can't afford to eat out. Some people have no money and no cooking skills. It's pretty difficult to eat affordably if you have neither. Fortunately, if you have access to groceries and a kitchen, you can make your own cheap meals. Yeah, I said it: cheap. As we've said before, we love good food and eating out at restaurants, but we aren't food snobs. Sometimes you just need to eat to survive. In that case, let's help each other eat affordably without sacrifcing much in the way of quality.

I am going to do a series of posts on cheap meals for under $1. So far today, I've had an 84 cent breakfast and 83 cent lunch. I'm not talking cereal and bologna, either. I'm talking hot meals. Today I had a hot breakfast sandwich that will cost you around $3 bucks at fast food places. Mine's cheaper and better. And I will show you how to take advantage of cooking shortcuts. I had a soup and hot sandwich for lunch. We aren't talking gourmet here, but it's fast, filling, and affordable. Sometimes "time is money" and it's a lot more convenient to eat out or get something on the run, but a lot of people complain about the cost of food and don't realize how much money you can save making your own food. Sometimes it pays to be frugal. I like making money and spending it on good food, but I hate wasting money on garbage.

That's not going to stop us from doing restaurant reviews, either. We are going to keep bringing you local restaurant reviews in places like Phoenix Arizona, and we are lining up writers in new locations. We are going to unleash some of our writers with gift cards and certificates for local and national chain franchise restaurants and have them give you the true scoop.

I am also looking into to lining up some promotions and food give-aways. We are going to have at least one contest in the near future, and we are going to give away free restaurant food. Hopefully I can line-up some more sponsors and get more goodies for our readers.

I just wanted to let you know that Hungry Jerks is going to keep growing and giving you reviews and recipes you can use in your everyday life.

No comments: