Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Olive Garden Mixed Grill Review

Olive Garden has been an old school favorite of mine for years now, although until recently it's been a long time since I had the chance to visit.  Back in the old days I pretty much stuck with the chicken parmigiana, but I knew going in this time it was time to branch out and try something new. 

Before the main course, I have of course have to mention the Olive Garden salad which has always been 5 star, and I also went with the appetizer sampler which I don't believe has changed much in the 15+ years I've gone to Olive Garden (and that's not a bad thing.)  The toasted ravioli and stuffed mushrooms were great as usual and a nice warm up.

A few months back I checked out an Olive Garden take out menu and the "Mixed Grill" caught my eye.  The Mixed Grill consists of 2 skewers, one with steak and the other with chicken, and I decided that was right up my alley.  The server brought the giant plate with 2 skewers, then removed the meat, peppers, onions etc. and onto my plate.  Great taste, tender meat, and served with a side of squash/zucchini and roasted potatoes.  This meal is definitely one that will fill you up, so if you go with it you may have to hold back on appetizers or you will end up with a take home box like I did (which isn't necessarily a bad thing.) 

I would highly recommend this if you are looking for something that isn't the usual pasta with tomato or white sauce, or if you are just a fan of a great skewer.  This had great flavor and provided a plentiful amount of meat, with sides that compliment the meal nicely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol @ giving Olive Garden a good review.

D. Mueller said...

Yeah imagine that....must be why they've been in business so long and are always packed...hmm.

g.c. said...

I like the stuffed mushrooms.