Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Is Culver's Better than Smashburger? Are Burgers from Either Place Any Good?

I was just reading our Phoenix Smashburger Review, and I was curious about what other people had to say. I don't have a Smashburger in my area. I think the best fast food burger I've had was at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Five Guys is a little more expensive than most places, but the food is really good and the portions are huge. I like how they dump a bunch of fries in the bag after filling the container to overflowing. Plus, I have cut back on eating out. I try to avoid fast food in general, but if I do I go for quality. The same goes for my steaks- I would rather have a really good expensive steak every once in awhile than have low quality beef on a regular basis.

I was looking into Smashburger a little more when I came across this Phoenix New Times article comparing Smashburger to Culver's. Really? I DO have Culvers burgers in my area, but I have never ordered there. The reason? The food doesn't look too great in their ads/mailers. I figure if the food doesn't even look like much in a picture I'm probably not going to be delighted in person. Their marketing materials make Culver's look like a sort of Dairy Queen or maybe Sonic type joint. Those places have their roles in the fast food market, but I don't exactly think of gourmet burgers.

In fact, in the New Times article the Culver's burger looks underwhelming. The patty looks somewhat like a Steak 'n Shake patty. I know Roger Ebert loves the place, and he seems like a nice guy, but Steak 'n Shake has lousy burgers and decent shakes. The Culver's picture also shows cheese that is not even close to being melted. Good burgers are big and juicy. They use quality meat and fresh toppings. The cheese on burgers should be gooey or at least somewhat melted. It should not resemble anything from a school cafeteria or hospital.

The bad news for Smashburger? The Smashburger Lost to the completely unappetizing Culver's burger, at least according to the Phoenix New Times reviewer. Though, the fact that his article is ostensibly about gourmet burgers and the "new burger kings", yet the best he could come up with was Culver's vs. Smashburger, makes one question his credentials.

So, Smashburger seems to get some bad reviews. Is their burger really lousy? Is Culver's any good? Or are they just good in comparison to Smashburger? Should I try out one the dozens of Culver's coupons I get in the mail or stick to my $11 Five Guys meal?

9 comments:

Jaxon Oakley said...

Smash burgers have been good and more delicious for the customers the ingredients of the burgers have been good and refined due to the efforts of the shop keeps.

RKNSEO said...

Het was fantastisch. Ik denk dat je je verkeer kunt vergroten op basis van je inhoud.

Als u uw websiteverkeer, SEO en website laten maken, of app laten maken wilt vergroten, of grafische ontwerp diensten nodig heeft, kunt u contact opnemen met het Nexoz team.

Nexoz services:

Website maken
Application
SEO

Nimsik said...

GOOD makrks TO READ. Thanks.

NOKIA N8 FULL SPEC

OLYMPIA LEAVES A NOTE FOR ME

No Comment

Tom Waits in Prague

Today is the day

Full Time Poet

white

Changes at KUT

Jävla skitförsäkringskassan

Midweek Music Box: Metroid (NES) Title Music

agency waall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nimsik said...

بسیار پست با کیفیتی بود.

در صورت نیاز به خدمات طراحی گرافیک، تبلیغات و یا طراحی و توسعه می توانید به شرکت ریوال ایجسنی اعتماد کنید.

تیم ریوال با سابقه ای درخشان و با در اختیار داشتن کادری مجرب و حرفه ای در عرصه گرافیک و تبلیغات آماده همکاری با شرکت های داخلی و خارجی می باشد.

rival agency said...

مرکز دو سوت تعمیر بیش از 10 سال تجربه در زمینه تعمیرات لوازم خانگی برای خانوارها و مشاغل و ارائه سرویس با کیفیت و قیمت مناسب دارد.

12 ماه گارانتی قطعات یدکی
نرخ های مقرون به صرفه
در همان روز تعمیر می شود
تکنسین واجد شرایط
مشاوره رایگان
ضبط 5 ستاره 2sottamir.ir

Deny2deny said...

تعمیر بخاری های گازی

علائم گرم شدن یخچال

نحوه تعمیر نشت یخچال و فریزر

نحوه رفع مشکل یخ زدن زیاد یخچال

نحوه کاهش هزینه های یخچال

نکات مهم خنک نگه داشتن یخچال

رفع مشکلات رایج یخچال و فریزر

نحوه ​تعمیر یخچال الکترواستیل

آیا نیاز به تعمیر یخچال دارید؟

rival agency said...

خدمات طراحی لوگو در ریوال آنلاین

طراحی یک لوگوی حرفه ای با اصول برندسازی

ریوال آنلاین مجموعه کاملی از همه چیزهایی را که یک برند برای برجسته شدن و مورد توجه قرار گرفتن نیاز دارید، ارائه می دهند.

ساخت  لوگو و آرم در تیم خلاق ما کاملا حرفه ای و متمایز انجام می شود.

ما بر این باوریم که ایجاد نماد بصری یک برند مستلزم یک دید استراتژیک و علمی است.

Deny2deny said...

لوگو حرفه ای